So my mom and I (and my sister until she moved to Oklahoma) go to the Mountains in Boone & Blowing Rock every year in October because we love touristy things and pretty-pretty leaves. This year was as spectacular as ever…except for the fact that everywhere I looked I saw the weirdest things. Don’t worry, I am lightning fast with a camera, so here you go:
1) The Spirit Animal: BEAVER Um, some things should never guide your life…like your beaver. The wisdom of the Beaver is a wily and deceptive sort of guidance. Beware of anything that your beaver says to you bc that wench is not always trustworthy.
If you aren’t laughing then you should probably be googling.
2) Alice in Wonderland…if Alice was horribly deformed and leering at you all creepy like as if she was holding a knife behind her back.
8) The part of Johnny Cash will be played by Michael Myers9) We stumbled across a VW convention on the Parkway and…
13) “I will eat your soul!!!!!”14) Censorship is a real and necessary thing, because sometimes Squirrels Go Wild
17) Speaking of my mom, when I asked her if she wanted to go to the WINE TO WATER store her exact response was: “It’s wine to WATER, What do I want with water? Hey, you think it’s a deceptive name for a church?” That’s my mother! So if you’ve ever wondered “Trace, what the hell is wrong with you”, now you get it.
18) This is 3rd base
19) In case you were curious, there IS a Pagan Student Association and apparently it consists of one guy who hand-drew this flyer. He’s throwing a Halloween party and he would like you to attend.
20) At dinner Saturday we were outside waiting to get called when a group of what I can only assume were 18 year old college freshmen came in wearing drag. But don’t get too excited, it was truly pathetic drag. The girls were wearing baseball jerseys and the guys were wearing wigs. But here’s the thing…18 year old guys still kind of look like girls bc they can’t grow body hair or facial hair…so they kind of already look like girls. Boone doesn’t know jack about drag! Come on, commit people. If you are a man wanting to dress up like a pretty pretty lady then lets get some leopard print hot pants and heels. And cover up your adam’s apple like a f**king lady! No picture included bc it was just so badly done that I didn’t want to waste the storage space on my phone.